The Marina at Brown & Howard Wharf is here to welcome you to Newport this season! We look forward to seeing you and serving all of our new and returning guests for the Spring and Summer of 2020. The staff at Brown & Howard Marina is busy preparing for your arrival and look forward to the chance to provide you with a picture-perfect summer.
We are currently OPEN for reservations for the 2020 Newport season. We are monitoring guidelines related to COVID-19 and are happy to answer any questions you may have. We hope that you are delighted by what we will provide to make your boating experience easier this year! Some steps we have taken to ensure your safe enjoyment of Newport include:
- Electronic Welcome Packet & Registration: We will provide a welcome packet and all pre-arrival information via email in advance of your arrival. You will not need to exchange any paperwork when you arrive!
- Contact-Free Payment: We realize that some guests are looking for alternative ways to make payments. You have the option of making secure electronic payments directly from your checking account in lieu of traditional paper checks or simply providing your credit card information over the phone prior to your arrival.
- Tele-Concierge & Marina Services: Our marina staff is incredibly knowledgeable about the City of Newport, boating services, and guidelines overall. We are available to provide you with information, a list of preferred local vendors, and assist you with any of your needs in Newport via text or phone.
- Yacht & Boat Provisioning: Ask us for a list of the best that the Newport food scene has to offer, delivered to you dockside! We are happy to provide you with a list of your favorite Newport restaurants that deliver to Brown & Howard Marina as well as some options to have fresh produce delivered as well!
- Safety & Security: In order to ensure that admittance at our marina can be monitored at all times so that we can limit the opportunity for groups to congregate, we employ dedicated weekend security staff, have security camera monitoring, and are located on private property surrounded by a key code-accessible perimeter fence which we continuously sanitize.
- Prime Location: Situated in the heart of historic downtown Newport, you are within walking distance to all that Newport has to offer. No need for car or bike rentals to get where you need to be!
We ask that our guests please help us adhere to new guidelines for marina operations by wearing a mask or face covering when you are in public and within 6 feet of others, not congregating on docks, in the parking lot, or in common areas, and keeping your VHF radio on. We would also appreciate it if you could call or radio us to speak to marina staff and avoid entering the dock office.
Rest assured that our staff will also adhere to similar guidelines by wearing masks, providing continued cleaning to high-touch surfaces and responding quickly to your needs via VHF radio, text or phone.
News, Events & Announcements
Please follow us on Facebook for the latest updates, news and special promotions.
Socially-Distanced “Ice Cream Socials” Every Friday!
We are excited to announce a brand-new partnership with Clementine’s Homemade Ice Cream, which opened its Middletown location next to Easton’s Beach on May 1 for online ordering and curbside pick-up!
Starting Thursday, May 14, Clementine’s will DELIVER exclusively to Brown & Howard Marina. Enclosed in your welcome packets will be a special link so that you may place orders on Thursdays throughout the summer to purchase pints of ice cream to be delivered dockside on Fridays.
Farm Fresh RI’s Market Mobile to Provide Home (Dockside) Delivery
Captains and crew at Brown & Howard Marina are invited to join wholesale buyers in using Market Mobile services to get fresh food from local farms delivered to your boat dockside. We are proud to support the farming community by providing an outlet for the food that is being grown — as well as for you, our guests, to have a safe way to purchase fresh, local food.
How Does Market Mobile Work?
First, create an account. Under “Business Category,” feel free to choose “Advocate.” Once signed up, you can return to the main Mobile Market page on the Farm Fresh RI website to log in for future orders. Click the “Market Mobile” link and choose food from the local farmers and food makers who have listed their items for sale. Be sure to click the “Update Order” button when you are finished adding items, and then “Buy Now” to make your purchase.
When Should I Place My Order?
- Orders placed Mondays will be delivered to Newport on Thursdays (you will be notified directly).
- Orders placed Thursdays will be delivered to Newport on Tuesdays (you will be notified directly).
The order form becomes live at 8:00am on Mondays and is intentionally inactive outside this ordering window. This allows local farmers and food makers time to update what they have listed for sale based on their most current inventory. Please note that during this time of heightened demand, it is recommended to place orders as early as possible. Should you encounter any issues, contact (401) 312-4250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The delivery address is 33 Brown and Howard Wharf. The driver should park in the lot as close as possible to the dock, near the “Freedom” building. List YOUR phone number as the number to be contacted upon delivery. A secondary point of contact can be Charlie Moore, Marina Manager, at (401) 477-9723.
Gold’s Wine & Spirits Provides Free Delivery to Brown & Howard Marina
Gold’s Wine and Spirits stocks everything your boat needs – from alcohol to ice and water. They specialize in limited allocation bourbon, craft beer, and fine wines. Gold’s Wine and Spirits will gladly provide free delivery to the docks.
Crew Rewards Program
For every $500 spent provisioning your boat, Gold’s Wine and Spirits offers a $50 store credit for the Crew (no limit).
Want to place an order? Call 401-847-5898 or fill out this form and they will contact you!
As always, feel free to contact us with any questions or to make your reservation.
Wishing you fair winds and following seas!
Charlie Moore, Marina Manager
(401) 477-9723 / VHF Channel 9